[quantum-info] Today's PIQuDos

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Wed Nov 7 07:55:18 EST 2012

Hi all,

this is a reminder of Carl Miller's talk today at 4pm in the Time Room.

Best wishes,
Markus

Title: *Optimal quantum self-tests based on binary nonlocal XOR games*
Speaker: Carl Miller (University of Michigan)

Abstract:
Self-testing a multipartite quantum state means verifying the existence
of the state based on the outcomes of unknown or untrusted measurements.
This concept is important in device-independent quantum cryptography.
There are some previously known results on self-testing which involve
nonlocal binary XOR games such as the CHSH test and the GHZ paradox.  In
our work we expand on these results.  We provide a general criterion
which, when satisfied, guarantees that a given nonlocal binary XOR game
is a robust self-test.  The error term in this result is quadratic,
which is the best possible.  In my talk I will explain the conceptual
basis for the criterion and offer some examples. This is joint work with
Yaoyun Shi (arXiv:1207.1819).