[quantum-info] Today's PIQuDos

Markus Mueller markus14m at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:27:40 EDT 2012

A reminder of Volkher Scholz's talk at 4pm in the *Bob room* at PI.

Best wishes,
Markus

Title: *The Smooth Entropy Formalism on Operator Algebras and
Applications to the Security Analysis of CV Crypto Schemes*
Speaker: Volkher Scholz (ETH Zurich)

Abstract:
We discuss the extension of the smooth entropy formalism to arbitrary
physical systems with no bound on the number of degrees of freedom,
comparing them with already existing notions of entropy for
infinite-dimensional systems. Our analysis is both conceptual as well as
based on operational primitives, for example we ask for the ability to
perform privacy amplification against any kind of quantum side
information.  As an application, we show how to employ a version of the
entropic uncertainty relation to provide a security analysis for
continuous variable quantum key distribution protocols.
based on arXiv:1107.5460, 1112.2179. This is joint work with Mario
Berta, Fabian Furrer as well as with Torsten Franz, Marco Tomamichel,
Reinhard Werner