[quantum-info] FW: Reminder: CoQuS Summer School 2012 .- Quantum Physics meets Gravity]

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Jun 8 09:29:28 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: coqus at univie.ac.at [mailto:coqus at univie.ac.at]
Sent: June 8, 2012 6:31 AM
Subject: Reminder: CoQuS Summer School 2012 .- Quantum Physics meets
Gravity]

CoQuS Summer School 2012
Quantum Physics meets Gravity
3-7 Sept. 2012
University of Vienna, Austria
www.coqus.at/events/summerschool2012

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the 2012 CoQuS Summer School at the University of
Vienna, devoted  to the interplay between quantum mechanics and gravitation!
This year's edition will be focused on four series of lectures held by
international experts on both theoretical and experimental aspects of
gravitational and quantum physics :

• Carlo Rovelli (Marseille, FR) giving an introduction to quantum gravity
  for quantum physicists
• Philippe Bouyer (Bordeaux, FR) , on experimental gravitation and
  geophysics with matter-wave sensors
• Michèle Heurs (Hannovre, DE), on gravitational wave detection and
  quantum control
• Ulf Leonhardt (St. Andrews, UK), on gravity analogues in quantum systems

The summer school is open to interested advanced undergraduates, graduates
and junior post-docs with a good background in quantum mechanics. No
extensive background in gravitational physics is required, since this school
aims to give an introduction to topics in gravitational physics to quantum
physicists. Each series of lecture will consists of about 4 x 2 hours
lectures. Participants are encouraged to present and discuss their own
research during dedicated poster sessions. The registration fee for the
summer school is 170€.

For more information and registration, please visit
www.coqus.at/events/summerschool2012

The deadline for registration is June 26, 2012 !

Subscribe to our mailinglist to receive updates regarding the summer school.

We would be grateful if you could forward this message to anyone who might
be interested and/or hang our poster in your institute.
(http://coqus.at/fileadmin/user_upload/ag_quantum/Coqus/Events/CoQuS_a3.pdf)

Looking forward to seeing you in Vienna,

The organisers :
Amir Tavala
Jason Hoelscher-Obermaier
Tarik Berrada

www.coqus.at

--
Vienna Graduate Programme on Complex Quantum Systems Boltzmanngasse 5 A-1090
Wien

Secretary: Mrs. Canan Göser
Tel: +43 1 4277 51277