[quantum-info] Next week's PIQuDos

Markus Mueller markus14m at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:29:40 EST 2012

A reminder of Luming Duan's talk at 4pm in the Time room at PI.

Title: *Quantum Computation and Simulation: Recent Progress in the
Trapped Ion System*
Speaker(s): Luming Duan, University of Michigan

Abstract: In this talk, I will briefly review the recent progress on
quantum computation and simulation in the trapped ion system, with
particular emphasis on the idea of scaling (how to scale up the number
of qubits). I will discuss ideas towards large-scale quantum
computation/simulation based on the network approach or the use of
transverse phonon modes in anharmonic traps and then review the recent
experimental progress along this direction.  At the end of the talk, I
will also briefly mention recent activities in Tsinghua-Michigan Joint
Institute for quantum information.