[quantum-info] Next week's PIQuDos

Markus Mueller markus14m at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:15:24 EST 2012

Hi all,

next week, we have a talk by Luming Duan on Wednesday at 4pm in the Time
Room.

Best wishes,
Markus

Title: *Quantum Computation and Simulation: Recent Progress in the
Trapped Ion System*
Speaker: Luming Duan - University of Michigan

Abstract:
In this talk, I will briefly review the recent progress on quantum
computation and simulation in the trapped ion system, with particular
emphasis on the idea of scaling (how to scale up the number of qubits).
I will discuss ideas towards large-scale quantum computation/simulation
based on the network approach or the use of transverse phonon modes in
anharmonic traps and then review the recent experimental progress along
this direction.  At the end of the talk, I will also briefly mention
recent activities in Tsinghua-Michigan Joint Institute for quantum
information.