[quantum-info] PiQuDos reminder

Markus Mueller markus14m at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:22:10 EST 2012

A reminder of Kamil Bradler's talk at 4pm in the Time room at PI.

Title: *Unruh Effect, Relativistic Quantum Channels for Bosons and
Fermions and their Capacities
*Speaker(s): Kamil Bradler
<http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=72&pi=9511>
- McGill University

Abstract: Looking at the Unruh effect from the quantum information
theory perspective  offers a fresh insight into this fundamental
phenomenon. In my talk I will show its relation to cloning machines,
optical amplifiers and how the Unruh effect gives rise to new concepts
in quantum information theory. On the physical side, I will argue that
the study of entanglement degradation due to the Unruh effect to assess
its information transmission capabilities cannot be justified. Instead,
the methods of quantum Shannon theory should be used.