[quantum-info] FW: quantum information theory postdoc at IBM research

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Sep 29 14:34:24 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles H. Bennett [mailto:bennetc at watson.ibm.com]
Sent: September 29, 2011 2:30 PM
To: Chris Blumer
Cc: Chris Blumer
Subject: quantum information theory postdoc at IBM research

Dear Colleagues,

The physics of information group at IBM Research Yorktown is
seeking applications for one or more postdoc positions.  We are
looking for an accomplished researcher with a record of creative
work in quantum information, quantum computation and complexity
theory, many-body physics, error correction, cryptography, or
related topics.  The ideal candidate would be able to interact
fruitfully with other members of our group on a wide range of
research topics.  Other members of our group include Sergey
Bravyi, Ching-tsu Chen, Jay Gambetta, Mark Ketchen, Robert
Koenig (postdoc), Graeme Smith, John Smolin, and Chang Tsuei.
We are in frequent interaction  with IBM's growing experimental
effort in superconducting quantum computing.

If you have any strong candidates, please let me know, and have
them forward their CVs to my secretary Chris Blumer (email above).

Yours truly,

Charles H. Bennett
(Senior member, IBM Physics of Information group)