[quantum-info] talk next Monday

Roger Colbeck rcolbeck at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Nov 24 17:35:36 EST 2011

Hi all,

There is a talk next Monday at 4pm in the time room, details below.

Best wishes,

Roger

---
Speaker: Liang Jiang (Caltech)
Title: Quantum Information Processing with Spins and Topological Quantum
Systems

Abstract: One of the major obstacles in quantum information processing
is to prevent a quantum bit from decoherence. One powerful approach to
protect quantum coherence is dynamical decoupling. I will present some
recent progress of diamond-based quantum information processing using
dynamical decoupling. The other promising approach is to use topological
quantum systems, which are intrinsically insensitive to local
perturbations. I will discuss some ideas to create and probe topological
quantum systems.
Furthermore, I will propose a hybrid platform between topological and
conventional quantum systems, which can combine the advantages from both.