[quantum-info] Fwd: Postdoc Position at ETH Zurich

Roger Colbeck rcolbeck at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Mar 17 18:04:56 EDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Postdoc Position at ETH Zurich
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 23:32:09 +0100
From: Matthias Christandl <christandl at phys.ethz.ch>
To: Matthias Christandl <christandl at phys.ethz.ch>

Dear colleague,

please find below an announcement for a postdoctoral position in my
group. I would be very glad if you could forward this to potential
candidates in your group/university. Thank you very much!

With best regards,

Matthias Christandl.

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in Quantum
Information Theory available at the Institute for Theoretical Physics at
ETH Zurich. The position is associated with the research group of Prof.
Matthias Christandl. For an overview of current research activities,
please consult http://www.qit.ethz.ch/ .

The candidate should be highly motivated, creative, and interested to
work in an interdisciplinary and very collaborative environment. The
candidate will have a PhD in physics, computer science or mathematics
with a strong background in quantum information theory or related fields
of research. The position is funded by the Swiss National Centre of
Competence in Research on Quantum Science and Technology
http://www.nccr-qsit.ethz.ch/ .

Applications with a full CV, list of publications, a brief statement of
research interests (one page) and names and electronic contact details
of three referees should be sent via email to Matthias Christandl
(christandl at phys.ethz.ch). Application deadline is the 1st of May 2011.
Late applications will be considered if the position is not filled in
the first instance.

Save the date:
QCRYPT 2011 - First Annual Conference on Quantum Cryptography
September 12-16, 2011
ETH Zurich
www.qcrypt.net

Matthias Christandl