[quantum-info] Today 1:45 in RAC1 room 2004 - Nengkun Yu - "Bounds on the distance between a unital quantum channel and the convex hull of unitary channels, with applications to the asymptotic quantum Birkhoff conjecture"

William Matthews will at northala.net
Mon Dec 5 12:06:31 EST 2011

Today Nengkun Yu of Tsinghua University & University of Technology, Sydney
will give a special seminar at IQC:

Title: Bounds on the distance between a unital quantum channel and the convex hull of unitary channels, with applications to the asymptotic quantum Birkhoff conjecture

Abstract: Motivated by the recent resolution of Asymptotic Quantum Birkhoff Conjecture (AQBC), we attempt to estimate the distance between a given unital quantum channel and the convex hull of unitary channels. We provide two lower bounds on this distance by employing techniques from quantum information and operator algebras, respectively. We then show how to apply these results to construct some explicit counterexamples to AQBC.

1:45 - 2:45 in RAC2004.