[quantum-info] FW: International Institute of Physics - IIP - UFRN

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Oct 14 17:34:42 EDT 2010

From: director [mailto:director at iip.ufrn.br]
Sent: October 14, 2010 5:00 PM
To: Daniel Gottesman
Subject: International Institute of Physics - IIP - UFRN

Dear Colleague,

The International Institute of Physics (IIP) is a new research institute of international
character, based at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN) in Natal, and
associated to the Brazilian Ministry of Science and Technology (MCT).

The IIP started to operate at the UFRN last January when the research associates and
scientific programs of the International Center for Condensed Matter Physics (ICCMP), from
the University of Brasília, moved to Natal

Following the example of the Kavli Institutes for Theoretical Physics, the IIP will open
its activities to all areas of theoretical physics.

The IIP is specially set up to help with the organization of scientific workshops, schools
and conferences. For the moment, we can only run programs lasting for at most two weeks.
The themes of those meetings do not have to be limited to traditional Physics topics. We also
promote meetings on interdisciplinary themes.

We invite you to submit new proposals to us.

We also send you our announcements for the new IIP's visiting research positions. We
ask you to publicize it in your institution.
Besides being a stimulating place to work the IIP is located in the very attractive city of
Natal in the Northeast coast of Brazil.

I hope you can visit us in the near future, and see that for yourself.

Alvaro Ferraz
IIP Director