[Mpacs] Reminder: TUESDAY Talk!! Jamie Swift on Nov 11th

Kelly Brown km4brown at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 10 12:11:43 EST 2014

Hi MPACS,

This week we have a Tuesday Talk!

Remembrance Day offers a good opportunity to think about ways to commemorate the tragedy of the First World War by focusing on peace. Come hear Jamie Swift talk about Peace Quest, a new movement that hopes to stimulate a nation-wide conversation about peace and our country's role in peacemaking, reconciliation and social justice as we approach the 100th anniversary of the War to End All Wars and Canada's 150th year as a nation.

When: Nov. 11 (tomorrow), 12:10 p.m. in the Fretz seminar room in the Centre for Peace Advancement (4th floor at Conrad Grebel)

About Jamie: Jamie Swift is a journalist, social activist, and writer from Kingston, who co-authored (with Queen's University historian) Ian McKay the book Warrior Nation: Re-branding Canada in an Age of Anxiety (Between the Lines, 2012).

Note: Jamie is also doing a public lecture tonight at 7pm in the Great Hall.

See you all there!

Kelly

Kelly Brown
Administrative & Graduate Studies Coordinator
Peace and Conflict Studies
Conrad Grebel University College
519-885-0220 x24216
km4brown at uwaterloo.ca