[MacTUG] Data recovery services for Mac-formatted external drive

Mike Patterson mpatters at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 5 15:51:14 EST 2024

Howdy,
Inquiring on behalf of another staff member. They have an external drive that's been acting up, and are wondering where might be a good place to have it diagnosed once we've eliminated "is it their actual Mac that's the issue." I haven't seen the drive yet myself, but the symptoms described make it seem like it's probably the drive, rather than their iMac. Anywhere local-ish that folks know to not suck?

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Patterson - pronouns he/him - Manager, Information Security Operations
Information Security Services, University of Waterloo
Alternatively, soc at uwaterloo.ca