[MacTUG] Fwd: My Photo Stream has been shut down

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 28 11:09:07 EDT 2023

I don’t think a lot of our users would be using this, but Apple has now shut down the “My Photo Stream”.

- Glenn

Begin forwarded message:

From: Apple <noreply at email.apple.com>
Subject: My Photo Stream has been shut down
Date: July 28, 2023 at 12:31:28 AM EDT
To: anderson at uwaterloo.ca

[https://statici.icloud.com/emailimages/v4/common/apple_logo_web@2x.png]
My Photo Stream has been shut down
Dear Glenn Anderson,
This is a quick notice that My Photo Stream has now been officially shut down. For more information on this transition, read Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown<https://support.apple.com/kb/HT210705>.
Moving forward, iCloud Photos<https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204264> is the best way to keep the photos and videos you take up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud. If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all your devices, you don’t need to do anything else — your photos are already stored in iCloud. To check from your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose  > System Settings > your name > iCloud. From there, simply make sure that Photos is enabled in your iCloud Settings.
iCloud Photos can be enabled on iOS 8.3 or later, iPadOS 8.3 or later, and macOS 10 Yosemite or later. Once set up, you can view your photos and videos in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iCloud.com<http://icloud.com/>, and even sync them to a Windows PC using iCloud for Windows.
Apple Support

Apple ID <https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin> | Support <https://support.apple.com/> | Privacy Policy <https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy>
Copyright © 2023 Apple Inc. One Apple Park Way, Cupertino, CA 95014 USA<x-msg://29/#address>. All rights reserved.