[MacTUG] iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura arrive on October 24th and new iPad, iPad Pro, and Apple TV

Mike Patterson mpatters at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 18 15:45:16 EDT 2022

That would explain why when I was trying to price out a new laptop this morning, the Store told me to piss off, they were working on it. My 2013 Air now not only has a 30 second to 5 minute battery life, it refuses to charge past about 80% now, which I'm thinking isn't ideal for the laptop's medium-term health prospects. Of course, I don't really _need_ a laptop, but it does come in handy sometimes.

Anybody have any advice on that? I'm thinking the battery itself is pranged, and replacing it is probably technically *possible* but... at the end of the day, I don't want to put Linux or Windows on it and it won't support anything past Big Sur anyway, so I'm thinking I squeeze it for as much longer as it has and then buy new.

Mike

--
Mike Patterson - pronouns he/him - Manager, Information Security Operations
Information Security Services, University of Waterloo
Alternatively, soc at uwaterloo.ca