[MacTUG] WatITis Conference 2022 - Initial Call for Proposals

Watitis Committee watitis at uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 4 10:27:51 EDT 2022

[WatITis Logo]

Initial Call for Presentation Proposals:
WatITis Conference 2022

A technology focused conference made for you, by you!

We are pleased to announce the annual WatITis conference will be held on Wednesday, December 7th, 2022. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about University of Waterloo systems and technology. Don't miss it!

This year our keynote speakers will follow the theme of ‘IT Sustainability’ and as such, we welcome general systems and technology speaker proposals in addition to speaker proposals related to the topic of sustainability. We encourage and invite all staff members at UW to actively participate as a speaker, panel participant, or poster presenter. This conference is made for you, by you!

[Contact Melissa Blewitt (melissa.blewitt at uwaterloo.ca) or Traci Dow (tracielizabeth.dow at uwaterloo.ca) to present a 3x3 poster]

[500 word limit, indicate technical content (100 – low or non-technical content,  200 – some technical content,  300 - technical content)]

You may be asked to attend a brief speaker meeting prior to the conference to discuss presentation materials, expectations, and logistics.

For the format of the WatITis conference this year, we will continue to follow public health and UW guidelines set by the University.

Submission Deadline

Please submit a brief synopsis of your topic or idea for presentations, panels, or posters by Wednesday, June 8th, 2022.

Questions?

If you have any questions, please contact Nathan Lee<mailto:n4lee at uwaterloo.ca>, Ryan Goggin<mailto:ryan.goggin at uwaterloo.ca> or Pavol Chvala<mailto:pavol.chvala at uwaterloo.ca>.

To learn more about WatITis, please visit: uwaterloo.ca/watitis<mailto:uwaterloo.ca/watitis>.

Thank you and we look forward to your participation!

Submit a proposal<https://uwaterloo.ca/watitis/call-for-papers>

We apologize if you receive this message more than once. This message is being sent through your departmental mailing list. If you would like to continue to receive our mailings, please verify you are on our mailing list.

[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/watitisconf>