[MacTUG] AnyConnect and MacOS Big Sur

Dave Aldwinckle daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 19 10:33:07 EST 2020

We’re going to deploy the new package before updating the firewall software. You will see a banner on the VPN now:

*** AnyConnect client update ***

On Tuesday November 24th at 7:00 AM, the Cisco AnyConnect client will be updated automatically when a connection is made to the VPN. This message will persist until Wednesday November 25th, even if you have already updated.

The new client introduces support for MacOS Big Sur as well as bug fixes and enhancements for all operating systems. Deployment packages will be available through the usual IST release channels.

--

Dave

Dave Aldwinckle
Networks Supervisor | Network Services
Information Systems and Technology | University of Waterloo
200 University Ave W | Waterloo, ON | N2L 3G1
519-888-4567 Ext. 41145 | daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca