[MacTUG] Catalina issues with MS Office 16.33.0

Devon Merner dmerner at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 30 12:47:53 EST 2020

Has anyone encountered any issues with MS Office (more specifically, Powerpoint) hanging when using Catalina and the latest MS Office for Mac?

I’m still running 10.15.2 (from a fresh install, not an upgrade) and Office 16.33.0 and noticed that Powerpoint would hang every time a presentation was saved.  It seems like it saves the “recovered” copy properly under ~/Library/Containers but doesn’t save properly to the final location (e.g my Desktop).

A user online mentioned that this might be a font related issue but I wasn’t sure if anyone else had encountered it.