[MacTUG] Running Windows under Parallels?

Marlon Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 3 14:35:49 EST 2020

Further clarification.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Re: [MacTUG] Running Windows under Parallels?
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 14:29:45 -0500
From: Erick Engelke <erick at uwaterloo.ca>

The problem is this:

Parallels16 installs it's own copy of Windows, along with various
extensions that make it work smoother.  But the one it installs is
WIndows 10 Home - that's what's integrated.  If you install another
windows version you have to patch up more things yourself.  I was hoping
to avoid having to hand patch things.

When I try to install campus license keys, it croaks and gives errors.
I made sure I had the VPN connected.  You cannot use campus licenses on
Windows 10 home.

I was wondering if someone had found a reliable source for Win10 Home
license keys.  The internet sources other than Microsoft are notorious
for reusing keys.

Erick