[MacTUG] Will the 356 email work on iOS?

Stephen Markan smarkan at connect.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 25 13:52:10 EST 2019

First one word: Eudora

Thunderbird users* would already be having a challenge with accessing our current Exchange environment. They work around this by using IMAP and IMAP has a limited future shelf-life.

Thunderbird users can connect to Exchange using a paid add-on called Exquilla.
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/exquilla-exchange-web-services/

It works well for accessing and reading email. It does not support calendar connections. But if you are only using IMAP – then you also don’t have calendar connections.

There is also an email client called Hiri that does work with Exchange – and works on all major platforms. It is also a bit of a paradigm shift email client so may not be suitable for those that want an old-school email client vibe.

*Pine Instructions: https://faq.its.fsu.edu/email/account-management/fsu-employees-faculty-staff-retirees/can-i-use-pine-or-alpine-access-my