[MacTUG] Migrating from VPP to "Apps & Books" starting Nov 11th

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 4 10:38:28 EST 2019

On the morning of Nov 11th Luis Marroquin from Apple is meeting with Glenn and Cassie and myself to start migrating accounts from VPP to “Apps and Books” within Apple School Manager.

This note is just a heads up, at this point as we are talking to Luis about the process, so more details will follow. Currently, I am not sure if we will have time to migrate all accounts and it is pretty straightforward if no purchased apps are involved – in fact Glenn and I already migrated my VPP account to “Apps & Books” with no problem (once we figured out what to do). My account was an easy account to migrate as there was no paid for apps (just free things like GarageBand). Whether one has purchased apps is one of the details we should know about as we don’t want those licenses lost in the migration.

At any rate, ideally we can migrate all the accounts over but a) we might not have enough time and b) the timing may not work for everyone. Glenn will be contacting everyone that is currently using VPP but I will put further info on here just to make sure that everyone is in the loop.

More details to follow…
Thanks
don
------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Interim Director
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people
I acknowledge that I work and teach on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, land promised and given to Six Nations, which includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.

The information in this message, including any attachments, may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above.  Any other distribution, copying or disclosure which is not necessary and proper in the discharge of the University's functions is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission from us, including any attachments, without making a copy.  Thank you.