[MacTUG] Zoom Remote Support Exploit on MacOS

Trevor Bain etbain at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jul 15 18:48:57 EDT 2019

Apparently Apple has taken matters into their own hands on this one:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/10/20689644/apple-zoom-web-server-automatic-removal-silent-update-webcam-vulnerability

Other Zoom "white-label" platforms are similarly vulnerable (e.g. RingCentral and Zhumu):
https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/15/20695388/zoom-video-security-flaw-ringcentral-zhumu

--
Trevor Bain
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences