[MacTUG] Building macOS installer disk images for virtual machines with create_macos_vm_install_dmg | Der Flounder

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 25 16:48:21 EST 2019

"""
A while back, I wrote a couple of scripts which built installers for Mac
virtual machines:

     create_os_x_vm_install_dmg
     create_macos_vm_install_dmg

However, Apple made some changes to the macOS installer starting in
macOS Sierra 10.12.4 which broke the method I was using to build the
installers. Recently though, I figured out that I could use Apple’s
createinstallmedia tool to help me with building installers for Mac
virtual machines again. After a substantial re-write,
create_macos_vm_install_dmg is able to create bootable disk images for
virtual machines running macOS Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave.

Downloading the script
Using the script
Creating a VM with the OS installer disk image using VMware Fusion 11.x

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2019/01/25/building-macos-installer-disk-images-for-virtual-machines-with-create_macos_vm_install_dmg/
"""