[MacTUG] Now that "Back to my Mac" is gone, how are you advising users to remotely connect to their Macs

Dani Roloson daroloso at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 2 10:46:03 EST 2019

Considering ARD is like considering Photoshop for cropping and rotation.

In Terminal, you can "open vnc://127.0.0.1" or in Connect to Server "vnc://127.0.0.1".

Of course you'll need to do the VPN from off-campus and set things for specific users in Sharing > Remote Management.

I always have the discussion whether they just need their files not the GUI since their files should be stored on the file server.