[MacTUG] Office doesn't update to latest

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 17 12:43:14 EDT 2018

Sometimes when you are doing a complex and NEW task – such as building a task sequence in Parallels Mac Management for SCCM – you assume it is the complex and new task that is messing things up haha.

I saw Dani’s initial note but somehow missed Glenn and your comments, so I guess park this “Task Sequence” project for a while until we get the new VL serializer. I believe Sandra is on the MacTug mailing list could Sandra (or other IST person) keep an eye on its appearance? From the line Will posted (thanks Will)
“The final 2019 VL Serializer will be available September 24 on the Microsoft Volume License Service Center<https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx>.”

We really do need to get this new Serializer, ASAP, as we are going to have folks download 16.17 on their own and mess their machines up. (I just confirmed, manually updating a good machine to 16.17 does mess it up).

It is also interesting as that link notes that MSoft has changed its naming conventions, which buggers up things if you are going any automation. I have a script that goes out and looks for an update and downloads it, and send me an update in Mattermost. It it still working but the mattermost note is messed up now haha

Again, thanks Dani for first noticing something weird, Glenn for pointing our the serializer issue, and Will for finding an answer.

don

Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.