[MacTUG] Secure Erase of SSDs

Mike Patterson mpatters at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 5 14:36:36 EST 2018

I suppose an acceptable alternative to removing the encryption key is just setting a unique, very long, encryption key, waiting for the encryption to complete, and (perhaps?) then removing the volume in Disk Utility? A virtually unguessable key is the next best thing to a key that's been removed entirely.

Mike

--
Mike Patterson - pronouns he/him - Manager, Information Security Operations
Information Security Services, University of Waterloo
+1 519-888-4567, x47178 / mike.patterson at uwaterloo.ca
Security Operations Centre x41125 / soc at uwaterloo.ca