[MacTUG] Outlook versus OWA for delegates

William Lewis rwlewis at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 24 08:55:40 EDT 2018

This is a known issue, I found one report that it was fixed in the November 2017 update 15.40.

https://it.cornell.edu/outlook2016mac/calendar-problem-private-items-not-showing-outlook-2016-mac

In general though I would recommend not using the “private” flag on appointments:

“Important: You should not rely on the Private feature to prevent other people from accessing the details of your appointments, contacts, or tasks. To ensure that other people cannot read the items that you mark as private, do not grant them Read permission to your Calendar, Contacts, or Tasks folders. A person with Read permission to access your folders could use programmatic methods or other e-mail applications to view the details of your private items. Use Private only when you share folders with people whom you trust.”

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/make-an-appointment-or-meeting-private-dc3898f0-22f5-45c6-8cc8-b4d4db84111d

Will