[MacTUG] unexpected: I can now (again) see Deploystudio rebuilding clients via ARD

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 4 10:08:36 EDT 2018

One of the nice things about deploystudio was that you could set things up so that when a client was being imaged you could view this process via VNC. As a bonus, if you have this client already set up for control via Apple Remote Desktop, you could watch it from there. Very useful when rebuilding a lab of machines and you want to watch all of them in case any hang.

At any rate, at some point this stopped working. It has not worked for a few terms. And now it is. And I have not changed anything on the deploystudio end (same version of deploystudio, same Sierra netboot image, etc). But now it is working. I think there have been a couple of ARD updates on it and it may be that something in ARD was fixed to let this happen again.

I had convinced myself that deploystudio ‘broke’ it, haha. Clearly apple likely broke something and then fixed it?!

Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.