[MacTUG] Apple Has Yet Another Password Bug in macOS High Sierra - The Mac Observer

m3griffi m3griffi at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 12 09:22:52 EST 2018

"""
Apple has yet another password bug in macOS High Sierra. Users of macOS
High Sierra 10.13.2 can unlock Setting > Mac App Store (MAS) using any
string of text for a password, allowing anyone to change your MAS
settings. Fortunately, Apple has confirmed that macOS High Sierra
10.13.3—which is in beta now—corrects the issue (via Macworld).

To test this yourself, go to Settings > Mac App Store. If your panel
isn’t already locked, lock it by clicking the lock in the lower left
corner. Once locked, click it again, enter your user name, and enter
anything you want for a password. Click unlock, and there you have it.

In the example above, I was able to unlock my settings using a single
character for a password. Note that my password is not a single character.

https://www.macobserver.com/columns-opinions/editorial/apple-yet-another-password-bug-macos-high-sierra/
"""