[MacTUG] Mac server getting stripped down

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 1 14:20:57 EST 2018

FYI here are the rumblings on the Deploystudio forum about this
http://www.deploystudio.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?id=8045

I am currently using an old mac mini for imaging, I was planning on replacing it over the summer but I think I will try to get one now just so I can ensure that I can get it operational before features get stripped from Server.app. The irony is that a new mac mini will not be that much more powerful (2.9 i5 vs 2.3 i5) but the hardware is aging.

If this isn’t enough to fret over, haha. The “T2 Chip” has been introduced into the imac Pro and sounds like it will get everywhere over the next little http://appleinsider.com/articles/18/01/04/apple-t2-chip-in-imac-pro-takes-control-of-boot-security-facetime-camera-functions-previously-managed-by-cpu

We knew this was happening, courtesy of Marlon I believe who linked to the derflounder page from about a year ago -- https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/imaging-will-be-dead-soon-ish/

Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.