[MacTUG] Print jobs to a Xerox network printer keep getting paused?

Keith Peck kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 27 12:02:55 EDT 2018

Hi Mactug,
I’ve got several people who all of a sudden can’t print at all to Xerox Versalink (C7030) printers.

They see the print dialogue, but any sort of job to the printer causes the printer to go into a ‘paused’ state. I’ve tried test pages from the print queue, Preview, Word, email, etc. All fail.

“This printer has been paused. Do you want to resume printing”

The queue also shows a bunch of “printer status” jobs mixed into the printer queue among the actual print jobs.

Google leads me to believe the fix is to disable bidirectional printing, but turning bidi off did not fix the problem.

Anyone know of a fix?

Keith Peck
Computing Consultant, Client Services,
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3G1.
EC2 2018E, (519) 888-4567 x.47770
kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca>