[MacTUG] MS Office 2016 for the Mac licensing

Manfred Grisebach manfred at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 13 13:49:22 EDT 2017

Of possible interest:  Even though Microsoft still says that no activation key is required for the MAC version of Office 2016 on the site where the ISO is downloaded, as of Mac update 15. 17, clients now have to run something called the “Volume Serializer” that comes as part of the ISO for the Mac, to activate it.
The tool is currently called: “Microsoft_Office_2016_VL_Serializer_2.0.pkg”.
I’ve put a “readme.txt” file on the Webstore saying this for future reference. More information is available here:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3135924/volume-license-serializer-for-office-2016-for-mac
…M
PS THX goes to Don for making me aware of this