[MacTUG] Using Thunderbolt Display to charge new macbook pro

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 2 10:42:02 EST 2017

That would sorta work Glenn, but I don’t think its gonna give the juice to run a macbook pro. It would be fine for lower power devices such as to charge a usb-C phone.

I think I am going to tell him just to buy a second power supply. Maybe in a few years USB-C will be everywhere! ;-)

Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.