[MacTUG] Call for Papers - WatITis 2016

Natasha Jennings njennings at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 4 13:28:32 EDT 2016

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D1EE54.181BBE70]

Initial Call for Papers: WatITis Conference 2016

We are happy to announce the 14th annual WatITis (Waterloo Information Technology and Information Systems) conference will be on Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 in the Science Teaching Centre.

We would like to invite you to actively participate as a speaker or panelist for one or more of the  sessions during our 14th annual WatITis conference.

Topics include, but are not limited to, IT Trends and Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, and Student Services.

Due to interest expressed in last year's attendee survey to see more rapid fire presentations, we invite you to submit 10 or 20 minute talks, in addition to the regular 45 minute presentations.

Please send a brief synopsis of your topic or ideas for presentations and/or panels to our program committee chair Adam Savage (asavage at uwaterloo.ca<https://connect.uwaterloo.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=45JZw4PSiGjs7UmnzFXOBaI_6rV_GneYqOOW6RHhYNAWGw7h5rrTCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAYQBzAGEAdgBhAGcAZQBAAHUAdwBhAHQAZQByAGwAbwBvAC4AYwBhAA..&URL=mailto%3aasavage%40uwaterloo.ca>) by September 16th, 2016. If required, a date for final submissions will be announced by October 3rd.

When submitting your abstracts, please also identify which session type you are interested in. Please also be aware that you may be required to attend a brief speakers meeting prior to the conference to discuss presentation materials, expectations and logistics.

For more information, please contact our co-chairs Adam Savage (asavage at uwaterloo.ca<https://connect.uwaterloo.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=45JZw4PSiGjs7UmnzFXOBaI_6rV_GneYqOOW6RHhYNAWGw7h5rrTCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAYQBzAGEAdgBhAGcAZQBAAHUAdwBhAHQAZQByAGwAbwBvAC4AYwBhAA..&URL=mailto%3aasavage%40uwaterloo.ca>) or Jennifer Matheson (jenn.matheson at uwaterloo.ca<https://connect.uwaterloo.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=Yd7BjsTKITC5KbeTobooZb4JMNzW35N81rqnG_oJqVMWGw7h5rrTCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAagBlAG4AbgAuAG0AYQB0AGgAZQBzAG8AbgBAAHUAdwBhAHQAZQByAGwAbwBvAC4AYwBhAA..&URL=mailto%3ajenn.matheson%40uwaterloo.ca>), or please visit: https://uwaterloo.ca/watitis<https://connect.uwaterloo.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=-LmdQtBIV4pCnrMrDmmKIp0WBHf0Zgw64YrfJm82wq4WGw7h5rrTCGgAdAB0AHAAcwA6AC8ALwB1AHcAYQB0AGUAcgBsAG8AbwAuAGMAYQAvAHcAYQB0AGkAdABpAHMA&URL=https%3a%2f%2fuwaterloo.ca%2fwatitis>.

Thank you, on behalf of the WatITis 2016 Committee Members:

Logistics:

Program:

Jennifer Matheson

Adam Savage

Craig McDonald

Jennifer Brewster

Kevin Paxman

Mike Lackner

Allan Fleming

Ed Chrzanowski

Derek Madge

Christine Gillis Bilton

Chris Roth

Keith McGowan

Darren Bondy

Dave Kibble

Martha Morales

Shawn Winnington-Ball

Barb Yantha

Josh Schmiedchen

Mike Nowakowski

Douglas Sutherland

Shah Chandon

Pratik Patel

Alison Hitchens

Dana Mahapl

Maher Shinouda

We apologize if you receive this message more than once. This message is being sent through your departmental mailing list. If you would like to continue to receive our mailings, please verify you are on our mailing list.

Natasha Jennings
Communications Officer
Information Systems & Technology (IST)
University of Waterloo