[MacTUG] Installing Joyent’s pkgsrc package manager on OS X | Der Flounder

Dani Roloson daroloso at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 1 13:15:38 EDT 2015

Noticed "/Applications/Python 3.5/Update Shell Profile.command" which puts that fragile directory
into the user's path.

The better way is to set something up in paths.d such as
/etc/paths.d/TeX
containing
/usr/texbin
or
/etc/paths.d/X11
containing
/usr/X11/bin
and it would be nice if it would maintain a Current that you could use instead of the 3.5.