[MacTUG] ShellShock/BashBug update for Mac users

Pat Lafranier pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 1 12:13:15 EDT 2014

From: Jason Testart, Director, Information Security Services

Apple has released a bash shell security fix for OS X versions 10.7 through 10.9.  While in some cases it may appear to be available via software update, we've only seen the patch install successfully via direct download.  Mac users are strongly encouraged to download and install the fix as soon as possible.

OS X 10.9 Mavericks Download:
http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1769/en_US/BashUpdateMavericks.dmg
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Download:
http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1768/en_US/BashUpdateMountainLion.dmg
OS X 10.7 Lion Download:
http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1767/en_US/BashUpdateLion.dmg

With the upcoming release of the new OS X (10.10 Yosemite) release this Fall, we recommend that Mac users upgrade to at least Mavericks by the end of the calendar year.  We expect Apple to drop support for the Lion and Mountain Lion releases by 2015.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 84357.

Recipients of this message:  ist-staff, isthd, mactug, faccus, admin-support, ctsc, Daily Bulletin, SSO

Pat Lafranier, Manager
Training, Licensing & Communication, Client Services
Information Systems & Technology
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519.888.4567 x36433 / MC 2027