[MacTUG] Well this isn't good!

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 18 13:38:23 EDT 2014

It is probably scandalous saying this on the Mactug mailing list but I really don’t have a prob with Win 8.1 and don’t feel it is a step back from Win7. It may not be a ’step up’ but it seems to me most OS upgrades are not these days ;-) I am running it as my main windows VM and I really do not have any problems with it. Frankly once you pop out of the silly start screen it behaves more or less as Win7. This is not to say we are using Win8 in our labs (either as a VM or on our Dell computers) but that is not because we have a particular problem with it — I think most if not all of our office machines (physical and virtual) are Win 8.1

------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/computing/people/don.html
To request help from MAD please us "Request Tracker". For info see: http://www.fes.uwaterloo.ca/computing/faculty_staff/
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.