[MacTUG] Macintosh Management Software Demos

James McConachie jmcconac at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 10 08:20:52 EDT 2013

I just wanted to send out a brief note to the group informing you of MFCF's intent to invite some vendors in to showcase their Macintosh Management products. The two we are most interested in talking to are, Absolute Software and their product Absolute Manage, and JAMF with their product Casper Suite. We have heard very good things about both and would like to have a first hand look at their offerings. As such we will be inviting them to demo their products.

This note is to invoke any interest you may have in sitting in on the demo and seeing what the products can bring to the table in terms of assisting with your Macintosh Management plan. Please let me know of your interest and I will include you in any future mailings regarding the where's and when's of the demos. Also if you do have an interest please provide rough numbers of managed Macs your Faculty/Department would be responsible for. This would be helpful when/if negotiating pricing per seat of the product, if that is model they follow, which, it usually is.

/James
MFCF