[MacTUG] FYI: Apple introduces $1, 100 21.5-inch iMac for educational institutions | Digital Trends

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 7 09:22:27 EST 2013

it would probably be great for the k-12 crowd, or maybe library kiosks or whatever but I would agree with Dani (assuming we even get the chance to buy it).

The entry level mac is only $150 more (educational), and this is assuming this computer would be sold for $1,100 here (and usually we pay more). That gives 8GB and an i5.

Although I am leaning towards the mac mini route for the next new lab macs. I am replacing imacs with perfectly good screens. If I was replacing mac minis instead, I would not be replacing the screens at this point.

Ed, you were going to put up your price comparisons of imacs vs minis, and outlining which monitors you are looking at. Can you share that info, I am interested.