[MacTUG] Update to Office for Mac

William Lewis rwlewis at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 18 11:04:01 EDT 2013

Has anyone tried Office for Mac 14.3.6?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2869604

The description reports that it fixes a few issues which I think I’ve seen with Outlook on a few client machines.

This update provides the latest improvements in Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
•       Message sending in Microsoft Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue in which Outlook repeatedly tried to send messages that exceeded certain server-side size limits from the Outbox. Now, messages that exceed these size limits are put in the local Drafts folder after three unsuccessful attempts to send the messages.
•       Syncing a folder from which lots of messages were deleted in Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue in which syncing a folder from which many messages were deleted on another client frequently caused Microsoft Outlook for Mac to freeze.
•       Saving files to a Server Message Block (SMB) share in Microsoft Word for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes Word to be unable to save files to an SMB share.

--
R. William Lewis
Computing Consultant

519-888-4567 x36422