[MacTUG] Magic mouse's right button stops working

Keith Peck kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 1 16:07:06 EST 2013

After a fresh re-install of Mac OS10.7.5 for a client yesterday the right-click button didn't change its behavior when set as the "Secondary Button" - only thing that would work was the traditional [Control]+click.

The fix for me was hinted at here...
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4322019?start=90&tstart=0

1. Open Finder
2. Go to

/System/Library/LoginPlugins/BezelServices.loginPlugin

3. Control-click the file listed above and choose "Show Package Contents"
4. now in the finder window navigate to

Contents/PlugIns/

 5. In this folder should be two files named

AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.plist

and

AppleHIDMouse.plist

6. If you don't find these files, you need to get them from another Mac and copy the files into the folder. (I got them from a machine running OSX 10.6.8)
7. You will be prompted to "Authenticate" when copying the files into the plugins folder.
8. Log out
9. Log in and Right-click should work. You may need to go to System Preferences > Mouse and set the right button to the "Secondary Button" once again.

Keith