[MacTUG] Notes on authenticating to Nexus, lets share ahead of the meeting

Dani Roloson daroloson at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 3 14:46:51 EDT 2012

My big need for OD is folder redirection.
I needed the augmentation to make the Mac folder different than the UNIX folder.
I redirected the Caches for the web browsers so it didn't use file server space.
I redirected Trash for the same reason.
I was tempted to redirect Downloads for the same reason.
I had to redirect the Adobe Reader prefs to the local disk to make it work.
Pointed the user's Library/Fonts to /Library/Fonts because of the Evil Empire.
Pointed the user's Library/Printers to the local hard drive so they could open print queues.

Dani
MFCF