[MacTUG] updating apps for managed macs

Mike Patterson mpatterson at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 30 14:33:54 EST 2012

I don't know yet what functionality Secunia has for MacOS, just that it has *some*. But only in the latest version, for which we're not (yet?) licensed. Definitely in Windows-land, it's aware of tons of applications, and can help the user or administrator to push updates for those applications out.

Upgrading our license is a possibility. Does anybody interested in this project want to give me a hand with evaluating the possibility of using Secunia on Macs?

Mike

--
The press must learn that misguided use of a computer is no more
amazing than drunk driving of an automobile.  -Ken Thompson