[MacTUG] Open Firmware passwords and Boot Camp

Matthew Oliver m3oliver at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 30 11:43:03 EST 2012

Does anyone know of a good workaround for people (me in this case) who wish to secure mac's using the open firmware password but still wish to offer windows through boot camp?

I don't want users to have access to the "Startup Disk" preference pane either before anyone suggests that! ;-P
I previously used Boot Picker but that is no longer supported and isn't even 64bit, even if I still happened to have it laying around (not saying I do!).

Thanks,
-Matt