[MacTUG] Mountain Lion is out

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jul 25 15:15:11 EDT 2012

I decided to bump my mac to 10.8

As I really would be happy if the desktop stayed at Snowleopard for a long
time, haha, I am happy to note that there are no earth shattering changes

I think a user would be hard pressed to tell the diff between it and lion.
Given that lion changed some things for the sake of change -- "fake"
leather on iCal (now called calendar) was an 'improvement' -- it reminded
me of what was supposedly Oskar Wilde's famous last words "Either those
curtains go or I do" haha

Anyhow, 3 hours and nothing has 'blowed up'

I am happy that I will be able to get 10.8 updates for the iMacs I bought
in June -- that update will sit for a term at least as I still have about
10 macs that need updating before I can install 10.8. These macs are now
being rolled out with Snow Leopard on them -- the first time that I have
rolled out macs with an 'obsolete OS' (I guess Snow Leopard is really
obsolete as it is 2 versions ago, haha)

don

---------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/computing/people/don.html
------------
To request help from MAD please use Request Tracker. For info see:
https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/~wwwrt/cgi-bin/rtuser.pl

This email communication is intended as a private communication for the
sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies
in the original message. The information contained in this email is
private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are
hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or
distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are
not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that
you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.