[MacTUG] Excel - replacing soft returns

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 31 16:27:43 EST 2012

The issue of how to replace "soft returns" in cells with something like a space came up in the meeting this morning.

There should be some way to do this with the find/replace command, but I can't seem to get it to work. I think I am suppose to be able to hold down the alt key and then enter 0011 on the numeric keypad, but that doesn't work.

Personally, I would likely write a macro to do this or use the substitute function as shown below:

[cid:CD48EBBB-05F1-451D-83D4-A59259535708 at uwaterloo.ca]