[MacTUG] VGA Adapters

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 26 09:36:10 EST 2012

Dani,

Which VGA adapter are you talking about? There are Mini DVI -> VGA, Mini DisplayPort to VGA, HDMI -> VGA, iPod/iPad -> VGA

I have some Apple VGA adapters and have never had a problem with them. I also have some non-Apple VGA adapters and also no problem with them.
The only advantage that the non-Apple ones offer is that some offer a longer cable, which at times can be handy. On the other hand, the Apple adapters appear better built and less clunky.

I would tend to agree with Don that it is more simply a matter of price.

There are several different VGA adapters,