[MacTUG] New MacMini problem

Richard Crispin rcrispin at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 9 09:20:28 EDT 2011

Hi All
We have just upgraded all of our classrooms with new Macminis. The minis are in a podium and use a mini-display port to vga adapter to connect to both a monitor and projector. We can also connect a laptop and there is a switch that selects the input. They seem to be working great except for 1 (out of 11). With this one the computer does not seem to recognize the the vga cable that is connected to the adapter. I have replaced the cable and that has not helped. The funny thing is if we connect a laptop to the vga cable it is recognized. If I then move the cable back to the mac then the mac works properly.
I am wondering if there is a way to shut off the HDMI and force the Mac to only use the thunder port for the display.
I have looked but have had no look with this.
Richard

---
Richard Crispin      Phone: 519-884-8111x28260
290 Westmount Rd N   E-Mail: rcrispin at uwaterloo.ca
Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G3
Canada
---
When I die I'd like to die the way my grandfather died, peacefully in
    his sleep...      ... not screaming and shouting, like his passengers.
"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!" Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales
"Time, heat and pressure.
   The same things that make a diamond also make a waffle." Scott Meyer
"Every morning is the dawn of a new error." unknown