[MacTUG] Sound problem on MacPro

Richard Crispin rcrispin at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 18 11:21:21 EST 2011

Hi All
I am trying to digitize some talks and have encountered a weird problem. First, I can use itunes to play output to the internal speakers, the headphone jack and the USB digitizer (griffin imic). When I connect the output from a tape player to the imic I get sound coming into the computer (assuming the sound control panel is correct). The problem is that it seems to end there. I can't play the sound and it doesn't reach audacity to be able to record it. I have tried another digitizer and had the same results. I have tried different USB ports and that did not help. I have searched on line but found nothing that helps (yet).
Looking for solutions or suggestions.
Richard
---
Richard Crispin      Phone: 519-884-8111x28260
290 Westmount Rd N   E-Mail: rcrispin at uwaterloo.ca
Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G3
Canada
---
When I die I'd like to die the way my grandfather died, peacefully in
    his sleep...      ... not screaming and shouting, like his passengers.
"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!" Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales
"Time, heat and pressure.
   The same things that make a diamond also make a waffle." Scott Meyer
"Every morning is the dawn of a new error." unknown