[MacTUG] Open Directory replication and failover?

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Thu Jun 23 13:27:16 EDT 2011

Ian,

Do you have DNS setup for replica when client all can find by name?
Have you tried rebinding the client to see it if picks up you now fixed replica issue?
Do you have SSH enabled on Master for the initial replication?* Can you actually SSH from Replica to master or is firewall/other blocking.

Implementation Guide...
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Apple-Training-Series-Mac-OS-Arek-Dreyer-Ben-Greisler/9780321635327-item.html?ikwid=mac+os+x+directory+serives&ikwsec=Home

Documentation
http://images.apple.com/server/macosx/docs/Open_Directory_Admin_v10.6.pdf
* Page 88 To configure a server to host a replica of an Open Directory master:

I replied to you private emails.  Interested in your thoughts. Sorry for delay have been work on some CFI's that have come in.

Steve